The T-21 light repeating blaster, also known as the T-21 heavy blaster, was a model of light repeating blaster used by some of the Galactic Empire's Stormtrooper Corps. It delivered massive damage at long ranges, however had a low rate of fire and lacked optics. Magma troopers and Shadow Troopers were known to use the T-21. Shortly prior to the Battle of Yavin, a number of the stormtrooper] deployed to the planet Tatooine to search for a set of stolen Death Star plans carried T-21s. A long-range version with optics, the T-21B heavy blaster, was modeled after the T-21 design.
Behind the scenesEdit
A First World War-era Lewis machine gun provided the basis for the T-21. The Lewis gun was the standard light machine gun of British and Commonwealth forces during World War I. It was fed by a drum magazine that was placed horizontally on top of the gun's receiver. To produce the T-21 prop, the drum magazine was removed and minor cosmetic alterations were made.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense (First identified as T-21 Light Repeating Blaster)
- Rogue One
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Battlefront (First identified as T-21 heavy blaster)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- ↑ The Planets of Star Wars Battlefront (ea.com - November 5, 2015)
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront Gameplay: Blasters Section (ea.com - November 14, 2015)
- ↑ http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-21_light_repeating_blaster/Legends